Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Blueberry Corpses | 022508

I work in a somewhat industrial neighborhood is West Berkeley, near the Marina. There are lots of places that sell doors, windows, sinks, tubs, lumber, bricks, fencing, tile, that sorta thing. And one place the sells nothing but giant wooden grizzly bears. And a paper warehouse that smells like blueberry corpses.

In fact when I first moved to the East Bay I very briefly work at a custom glass place just around the corner from where I am now. Wilson Glass. They made windows. It was fun. But like most areas around here, they're gentrifying this sonofabitch and puttin up condos. So there was this old warehouse covered in graffiti and I'm pretty sure a bunch of punks were squatting in it, but I watched them tear it down today.

It's like Spring around here. Everything is confused and blooming, especially rosemary and jasmine and cherry blossom, and the whole dang town smells like honeysuckle. I could use you around here.